Whether you're celebrating Hanukkah, Christmas, or you've invented a new religion that involves an appreciation of Christmas beers and holiday cookies, there are plenty of events in the next few weeks to satisfy all takers. We'll be updating as we hear about new events - and stay tuned for a separate New Year's guide - but for now, read on to find out about Latkepalooza, a pub crawl with Santa, who's serving on Christmas Day and pastry buffets where you can get a head start on your winter weight gain.
• Resurrection Ale House is having a Christmas/Winter beer festivus on Saturday, December 19; lineup includes Scaldis Noel, DuPont Avec Les Bons Voeux, SlyFox Christmas Beer, Ridgeway Reindeer Droppings and Troegs Mad Elf, among others. All day, $1 from every draft beer sold goes to Share Our Strength. [Resurrection Ale House]
• There is an epic pub crawl with Santa down the Southern end of East Passyunk Avenue on Thursday, December 17. [Visit East Passyunk]
• It's the seventh annual Latkepalooza on Saturday, December 13 from 2 to 4 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Zahav, Marigold and Snackbar, among other restaurants, will contribute their twist on latkes. [Gershman Y]
CHRISTMAS EVE/CHRISTMAS DAY
• 10 Arts will be open on Christmas Day, serving a $110 per person prix fixe dinner. Reservations required.
• Alison two in Fort Washington will be open on Christmas Eve.
DESSERT KNOWS NO RELIGION
• Both Le Bec-Fin and Flying Monkey will make you a buche de noel, otherwise known as a Yule Log. Le Bec-Fin's come in two flavors: a "Red Wood" log with vanilla mousseline, red fruit jelly, and chocolate cremeux ($36), and the "Chestnut Hill" log with milk chocolate, chestnut mousse, and Viennese sponge soaked in whiskey ($40). Logs serve six, call the restaurant to order. [Le Bec-Fin]
• Flying Monkey's buche de noel is a chocolate cake with with your choice of vanilla, peanut butter, mint or hazelnut buttercream filling, serves 10 to 12 and is $40; they also have holiday pies, macaroons and rugelach. To pick up by 3 p.m. on Thursday, December 24, order by Thursday, December 17. [Flying Monkey]