Tastykake Production Ends at Allegheny West Bakery; Campbell's Sells Pasta Factory to Philadelphia Macaroni Co.
• Tasty Baking Co. ends Tastykake production at its 88-year-old Allegheny West bakery. [PBJ]
• Campbell Soup Co. agrees to sell an Ohio-based pasta factory to Philadelphia Macaroni Co. [Inquirer]
• Ratings for the second episode of Top Chef's seventh season were up 22 percent over its dismal premiere ratings. [Hollywood Reporter]
• The best way to photograph food in bright sunlight is by diffusing the light using a sheet, tent, or shadow. [NYT/Diner's Journal]
• Whole Foods has begun requiring self-declared "organic" beauty products, which are unregulated by the FDA, to be held to the same standards as organic foods. [Forbes]
• The CDC has found that 9 in 10 Americans eat more sodium than is recommended. [Reuters]
• A random sample of used reusable grocery bags revealed that virtually all were contaminated with bacteria, including E. coli. [LAT]