Where to Drink Tonight for Center City Sips
Once again its that time of year when the weather gets warmer, the days grow longer and suddenly anyone with a pulse and a taste for alcohol is raring to get out of the office and into some cool drinks. Coincidentally it’s also that time when the Center City District starts up its weekly happy hour series, Center City Sips, which kicks off tonight at 5 p.m. This year more than 70 bars and restaurants located in Center City will participate, offering guests $4 cocktails, $3 wines, $2 beers and half-price appetizers.
• APO Bar and Lounge is offering Golden Hurricane, gold rum, passionfruit, orange, grenandine; Rye Guy, rye whiskey, angostura bitters, lemon, raspberry syrup; San Rocco Merlot; Salmon Creek Pinot Grigio; Modelo; Sly Fox; and Pork Gyoza, Shrimp Shumai, Chicken Bites.
• Chifa, Jose Garces’ Peruvian-Cantonese restaurant and bar will serve Lychee Sangria, crisp white wine, lychee and orange; Chicha Morada, spiced rum, Peruvian purple corn, and fresh pineapple; Ste. Chapelle, Riesling; Castillo De Monseran, Garnacha; Cusquena, Peruvian Lager; Cristal, Peruvian Pilsner; Vietnamese Spring Roll, smoked shrimp and peanut hoisin sauce; and Pork Belly Buns, grilled pork belly, hoisin glaze, pickled daikon, and togarashi mayo.
• Ladder 15’s offers include Mango Sansom; Cherry Water Ice Martini; Crazy Water Cocktail; BV Pinot Grigio; BV Pinot Noir; Bud Lite; Blue Moon; Philadelphia Pale Ale; Spicy Wings; and Korean Tacos.
• Noble American Cookery will serve the Ladybird, vodka, fresh squeezed lemon, simple syrup, club soda and Peychaud’s bitters; the LBJ, rye whiskey, fresh squeezed lime, simple syrup, club soda, and Angostura bitters; Bridlewood Chardonnay; William Hill Cabernet Sauvignon; Yards Philly Pale Ale; Philadelphia Brewing Company Walt Wit; Chickpea Fries; and Fried Chicken Wings.
• Smokin’ Betty’s will offer Seasonal Sangria; Paradise Kitty; Chardonnay; Cabernet Sauvignon; Yuengling Lager; a featured draught; Spicy Dry Rub Wings; Cheesesteak Springrolls; Veggie Quasadilla; and Grilled Pizza.