With the forecast getting gloomier by the minute, it's looking like a proper snow day is upon us. Mayor Michael Nutter has declared a snow emergency! But more importantly, the Rum Bar has added two new hot drinks to its cocktail menu. Hot Buttered Rum, with housemade butter batter, and Hot Navy Grog were both invented for thawing out the thirsty masses on days like today.
• Across town, London Grill is serving up hot cider with brandy, rum or bourbon, hot buttered rum, Irish coffee and a host of other hot toddies for $5 all day. Other snow day specials include wild boar chili, shepherd's pie and cassoulet.
• The Oyster House is offering its lobster roll for half the menu price this afternoon.
• Throughout the day and into the evening, Percy Street Barbecue is pouring free beers for each Restaurant Week meal ordered.
• Sampan is offering Chef Michael Schulson’s Happy Hour Menu all night at the bar and kitchen counter. Dishes include crispy pork belly buns, General Tso’s soup dumplings, Kobe Hot Dogs and Hamburgers for $2 and $4 cocktail, wine and beer specials.
• Xochitl is offering complimentary margaritas for each Restaurant Week dinner ordered.