The New Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market Is, Like, Totally Chill; Grey Squirrel Is the 'Ultimate Ethical Food'
• The new Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market is, like, totally chill with its record-breaking 2,800-ton refrigeration system. [Inquirer]
• According to an Edinburgh restaurateur serving grey squirrel, it's the "ultimate ethical food," since the animals are being killed anyway to protect red squirrels. Discuss. [BBC]
• Strawberries might prevent esophageal cancer, at least if you drink freeze-dried ones mixed into water. Right ... [WSJ]
• When Lily Allen lands in L.A., she's gotta have In-N-Out. Celebrities, they're just like us! [Ok Uk]
• Some experts are saying that since food is scarcer and more expensive, it might not be the greatest time to divert more and more crops to green energy sources. [NYT]