Disease Decimates NJ’s White Tail Deer Populations; Prawn Cocktail Pringles, Anyone?
• Mad deer disease? Not really, but a huge outbreak of Epizootic hemorrhagic disease has decimated white tail deer populations in New Jersey. [Inquirer]
• Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance (MANNA) kicks off its annual “Pie in the Sky” fundraiser today. [CBS Philly]
• Women think about food more than sex, agonizing about their diets over their relationships. [Daily Mail UK]
• Back in the day at the Stork Club, Sherman Billingsley used hand signals to communicate various things to his staff such as "Get this table a free round of drinks." Today, similar signals are still used at New York's Eleven Madison Park. [NYT]
• Here's a list of restaurants worldwide that might be the next El Bulli. [WSJ]
• How many kinds of Pringles are there? As this illustrated chart shows, quite a few. Prawn Cocktail? Okay ... [NYTM]
• No matter how much restaurants publish calorie counts or MObama pushes veggies, Americans still just want to order burgers and fries. [Businessweek]