Listen up, last-minute lovebirds: Like it or not, Valentine’s Day is upon us, and if you don’t have a plan set for you and your sweetie, you could be facing the worst of Cupid’s wrath. But don’t freak out just yet. While many of the more obvious choices for a romantic dinner are booked solid, and have been for weeks, we have a handful of suggestions that could help get your love-struck and procrastinating ass out of this predicament. For starters, the Garces gang is saying they have tables open tonight at Distrito and Chifa, and both are serving Valentines Day-themed tasting menus. Over at Garces Trading Company, they have special heart-shaped chocolate-covered strawberry macarons on special.
• And speaking of edible things fashioned in the form of a heart, South Philly’s Francoluigi's is tossing heart-shaped pizzas tonight. For those eating in, chef-owner Franco Borda is offering a slection of pizza and wine pairings that include Mario Lanza (white pie with broccoli rabe, hot sausage, and cheese blend) paired with Cabernet Terranoble; Roast Pork Italiano (tender and flavorful roast pork with broccoli rabe) paired with Malbec Tilia; Pavarotti (white pie with sliced tomato, broccoli rabe, special cheese blend) paired with Chardonnay Terranoble; and several more.
• Brigid’s is serving a special four-course prix fixe menu that includes four choices for appetizers, three choices for pasta, four choices for entrees, and four choices for dessert. The regular a la carte menu will also be available. And, they just tapped a barrel of Yard’s Love Stout.
• If you’re looking for something a little more casual, and on the affordable tip, Loco Pez is serving up its very lovable dollar tacos all night.
• Out in West Philly Dock Street is running a flank steak special that has the beef doused with salmoriglio and served with hand-cut frites. They say it pairs perfectly with the brewery’s Sexy Beast, a sweet American double stout, as well as its Prince Myshkin's Russian imperial stout.
• Yards Brewing Company is hosting “Yards Love Boat” in the brewery’s tasting room. Six bucks gets you a flight that includes Love Stout, Chocolate Love Stout, Bourbon Love Stout, and Bourbon Chocolate Love Stout. That’s a lot of love.
• Pub on Passyunk East is fully stocked with cans (yes, cans!) of Francis Ford Coppola’s Sophia sparkling wine. Stop in with your sweetie for a nightcap.